I write this from the airport waiting lounge at Newark. I will be going to visit my family for a week for Thanksgiving. This trip could not come at a better time, I have really been in the doldrums the past couple of weeks. It has been a perfect storm of shit related to money, health, and dating life. It will be good to see the family and think about other things and try to make some plans to deal with all of these. And Thanksgiving is really one of my favorite holidays, divorced as it is from the ugly consumer anschluss of the Christmas season. Thanksgiving is just about sharing a meal with people you love, and telling them you love them. I revel in the simple pleasure of that.
- Alas, alak and anon. #
- Just learned a new word tonight: macking, which means flirting more or less #
- sad but true: http://bit.ly/WHiRH #
- If the outcome of any trial is a foregone conclusion, why have them (other than displaying pretense of being part of a civilized society)? #
- obviously on my brain right now, but here is an excellent comparison of the house and senate plans: http://bit.ly/2Alq5a #
- Really?!! My (and everyone in my plan's) health insurance rates just went up 30%?!!! WTF?!! This is criminal. Guess I will have to drop out. #