– Perhaps b/c I have been living in NYC for several months now, but the streets of Paris seem eerily, wonderfully, quiet and calm
– I never noticed how much shorter the Metro stations are here compared to New York
– Paris has completely solved what used to be a very bad dogshit problem. I’ve seen hardly any since arriving here and it used to be everywhere.
– The food this time around has been decidedly unimpressive. It is easier to each much better and much cheaper in New York
– Some things don’t change much and it has been an absolute delight visiting with old friends here.
– Paris has put in place a grand experiment with public bike transportation called Velib’ (for velo libre – free biking). Although there are some problems with maintenance, it has absolutely changed the way people think about transport in the city, and it is pretty amazing. We took a ride today to the Bois de Vincennes.