Guess the mystery object

Apr
2008

Think of this as the reverse of the Liar’s Club. You are the celebrity and you have to guess (or make up) a story describing the use of the object below. Give up? I’ll give you a couple of hints.

1. I bought it the other day.

2. The feet are cut at an angle.

Comments

1. Mom says:

I give up. What is it?

2. Kelly says:

It’s a time-out stool so that when you are bad, you can give yourself a time-out…

or, it’s a shower stool beause you are getting so old you can’t stand in the shower anymore…

or, it’s a car port for garden gnomes.

3. Kelly says:

or it could be a resting bench for climbing the stairs. When you get about half way up and need a rest, you just pull out the handy resting bench. The legs have been cut specifically to provide a safe, secure place to plop down and take a breather.

4. Stephen says:

Nope, and nope. Anyone else?

5. Lisa says:

I have several ideas –

I realize that you lack some the necessary equipment but it resembles a special foot stool that I used when I nursed the kids. Now, I suppose that you could use it to relax without the need to have some small creature latch on to you – so is it a foot stool?

Could it be some sort of really uncomfortable head rest? I have seen some ancient headrests that look similiar to your “thing”.

Is it some odd over the faucet shelf for the kitchen sink and the angle would allow the water run off?

Anxiously awaiting the results, Lisa

6. Stephen says:

Nice guesses, but not even close. Next?

7. Lisa says:

Is it a kneeler for prayer?

Is it a bed table for those elusive breakfasts in bed?

Is it a table to hold a book while you are reading in bed?

Is it one of the new fangled “planks” for cooking fish?

Is it a bench for meditating?

Is it a bench so you do not have to get down on the ground for yoga?

Is it some ergonomically correct step stool?

Is there an age requirement, height requirement, injury requirement, sober requirement to use it?

8. Stephen says:

DING DING DING, we have a winner. Lisa is correct (after several guesses). It is a bench for meditating. The slight angle allows one to have crossed legs underneath with knees touching the ground to either side, thus supporting oneself in a triangle. This posture allows for minimum pressure to be put on any one point, allowing for longer and more comfortable meditations.