1. I want a president who inspires, and gives hope.
2. I want my country to live up to its best ideals.
3. I don’t believe it is good for our democracy to maintain dynasties.
4. I strongly believe we need to move beyond rank partisanship.
5. I want someone in power whose highest value is public service, not power itself.
6. I don’t want someone in power who will say or do anything to get elected.
7. I want someone in power who will attack the problems that our country faces, not someone who will attack “enemies”.
8. I don’t want to have to pretend to be French when out of the country.
For all of the above and more, I strongly support Barack Obama for president. No candidate is perfect, but having looked at his stands on the issues, I find myself in greater agreement with him than any other candidate currently running. And Barack has the ability to inspire and move people in a positive way that I have not witnessed in any other candidate. I want to believe that we can move out of the darkest period I have ever witnessed. I want to be able to believe in my country again.