Kathmandu

May
2007

This city is incredible. Reminds me of Old Delhi, Venice and a few other places all mixed up, although it is very much its own thing. It seems much more vibrant than Old Delhi, much less a frozen museum than Venice. This variety and quality of commerce on the street is staggering. The architecture is a fantastic mix of old and new(er), much of it crumbling in a very romantic way. The city also has a kind of miniature scale about everything that I find very appealing. I’ve just been walking and walking (and eating).

Note: I am going to try the new embedding feature of google slideshows…let me know what you think. If it doesn’t work, you can link directly to the album here

This entry was posted in Satori.
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone

Comments

1. livinghigh says:

omg. TOO many photo albums here. will take some time here. :)
    go to de casinos in kathmandu.

2. David says:

Looks like you and the gang are having fun… wish I could be there with you. (I’ve been over several pages of posts now and it REALLY makes me miss my travels… the only compensating fact is that Max and Zoe are so much fun!! (Jackie, too, of course)).

Tell Mom and Bob that I look forward to their call letting me know they made it to Bhuton safely…they are SO good about the “calling when you get there”-shit.

Miss you!! Love, little bro.

3. Lisa says:

Hello, Long time Friend (I prefer this above old friend)

It seems strange that where you are I am already 40 but here at home I still have several hours left in my thirties. I remember that our birthdays were close but I cannot remember the date of yours.

I really like the new slide show and have been following your journey now for months. Remember this is sweeps week so I will be looking for something very juicy with some sort of cliff hanger option.

Enjoy your family and have a great birthday.

Lisa

4. Audrey says:

Cool pics!

Have some fun for me. Nice to have the familia there with you, I’m sure.

be safe.

5. Kelly says:

That’s right David–we never did get a call, so how do we know they are really there? I see Bob and Sheila in some of those pictures, but how can we be sure they aren’t Bolywood actors in very good costume and make-up???

6. Dhananjay says:

Hey! The slide show’s really cool. Makes your site look alive!